The Preventive Program
Preventative medicine is the best medicine in every realm of health and wellness — dental health is no exception! Preventing dental infections and gum disease is the best course of action for maintaining oral health and overall health.
The Preventive Dental Program United Dental USA
Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our preventative dental program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored, and manage periodontal disease.
At the initial visit, oral hygiene instructions are reviewed and are reinforced at subsequent recall visits. The following are helpful recommendations for the preventative dental care you can do at home:
- Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft-bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum
- Floss every night in an up and down motion while keeping the floss in a U-shape and against the tooth surface
- Avoid smoking and tobacco use
- Avoid sticky sugary foods
- Avoid acidic foods
- Eat a balanced diet
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed
- Use a mouthguard when participating in contact sports
- Avoid teeth grinding
When you schedule your preventative dental checkups at United Dental USA in Philadelphia, we will implement a number of services that include:
- Routine oral exams — every 6 months, beginning when teeth emerge (or at 1 year of age)
- Dental x-ray
- Fluoride treatments
- Fitting for mouth guards and night guards as needed
- Orthodontic referrals for early intervention
Because these services are preventative, most dental insurances cover these treatments 100%, meaning no out-of-pocket costs to you.
At United Dental USA, we can help you navigate your dental insurance and get you and your entire family scheduled for preventative services to keep your smiles healthy. Contact us today!